Pages

Friday 2 April 2021

Ideas and Thoughts for the 2021 Year

 This year our shared aim for 2021 is to produce a 1 ½ times accelerated shift for all students with a focus in maths, but of course, if this can be transferred across all curriculum areas, this would be amazing!

I found this clip on 'You Cubed' about brain science and thought it fit with our shared aim perfectly.

Our school year began with a teacher only day (T.O.D.) on maths with Marie Hirst. She has provided us with hands on activities that will engage our students from the very beginning. She discussed strategy of 'talk moves' that promote classroom conversations centred around maths but again, I feel this could be transferable across all curriculum areas.

This is the template for Talk moves that I have decided to use in my class of year 2/3 learners.

I began using the expression, 'Who can add on to what _______ said' last year and the students responded to this very well. I believe this template will also work well within our reading and writing programmes. I'm looking forward to posting what works and, of course, what didn't and reflecting why I thought that might be over the coming year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment