Pages

Friday 27 March 2020

DFI Friday - All connected through Meet

Today we looked at the need for our students to share their learning and how connected learners share. Sharing has been happening since time began but the way we can share all began to change in 2005 with the introduction of youtube, twitter etc.

Our sharing and responses to what we shared became automatic in far reached places, with instant response, unlike our usual mailing system. Although feed back and feed forward has always been available in our 1-1 or group discussions learners can now establish a much wider and authentic audience.

Students can share with a purpose and the audience can also choose to listen to you or not. Our chosen App, Blogger is not the coolest but it contains the all important 3 check system, it is secure and legal for all our school aged students.

Next we learnt how to use and make google forms, this could become very useful in these lock down times

Next we moved on to google My Maps. I had fun with this even though the sound and images were going in and out on my computer, the slide deck was very helpful. Here is a map of my twice a day walk with my dog Ernie. The first trip is in the dark at 4am and my second trip is between 6-7pm (daylight at the moment , but not for much longer).


I therefore walk 2.64 KM a day with my dog. My 10,000 steps are easy when you take into account my day at school with juniors and duties etc.

Sheets was next, this was a lot more tricky as I have not ever made my own sheet to add data. I use assembly a lot and e-asttle to add my student data but not starting from scratch. this is where I need to go and practise more!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie,

    Sounds like you got a lot of new learning from this session and I enjoyed reading your reflection.

    I agree that blogger is not the most flashiest way of sharing, but it definitely is a practical tool! I like the fact that students can share with an authentic worldwide audience. The creativity of some of our learners is amazing and I love seeing their learning journey via blogger. With your ipad class, do you use blogger to share your students learning? A challenge that we have in our community is getting parents to comment on their child's blog, so I like that there is the reaction button option for parents to use.

    ReplyDelete